Morgan Wallen will return to the 2022 Billboard Music Awards after being banned for the last year.

MRC and NBC reported on April 29 that Wallen is joining a list of entertainers to demand that this year’s grant arrangement be made on May 15.

The MRC’s award-winning production unit, MRC Live & Alternative, told Billboard that there had been extensive internal discussions following the decision to welcome the Bourbon Glasses artist back to the Announcement Music Grants following Wallen’s controversial N-word video in February 2021.

The MRC said in a statement sent to the Billboard that it opposes discrimination, harassment, or discrimination of any kind and that they believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect. After a thorough review and in-depth discussions within and with the artists’ team, in which they received a proven and ongoing commitment to meaningful work and outreach, they extended an invitation to participate in this year’s exhibition.

The decision-making team eventually decided to return Wallen, 28, to the 2022 Billboard Music Awards after acknowledging his consistent work to better understand the issue, according to an MRC internal memorandum obtained by Billboard. (MRC is a Billboard parent partnership.)

In addition to singing, Wallen was also nominated for Top Billboard 200 Artist Top Country Artist, Top Country Male Artist, and Top Billboard 200 Album at this year’s awards show.

Last year, Dick Clark Productions announced that the country artist would not be joining the 2021 Billboard Music Awards, in a press release at the time, “Since his recent behavior is not in line with our core values, we will not list him. , to welcome).

The statement added, “We plan to monitor his progress and will consider his participation in upcoming shows.”

Recommended Posts

No comment yet, add your voice below!


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.